From CIA assassination cock-up to nefarious Illuminati involvement: The MH17 conspiracy theories doing the internet rounds
- Was MH17 shot down by militants trying to assassinate Vladimir Putin?
- Was it work of secret society The Illuminati to establish New World Order?
- Were MH17 and MH370, which went missing in March, actually same plane?
- Theorists ask why victims’ pictured passports in such ‘pristine’ condition
- Theories fueled by fact MH17 came down 17 years to day since maiden flight
As the world continued to search for answers over the downing of Flight MH17, the internet came alive with conspiracy theories today.
The Web has long been a haven for numerologists and conspiracy crackpots peddling their alternative analyses of events that shake the world.
And today was no different as web sleuths across the globe rushed online in a bid to hypothesize over what really happened to the doomed Malaysian Airlines passenger plane . . .
Was whoever shot down MH17 actually trying to assassinate Vladimir Putin?
Russia Today sparked a fever of speculation last night after publishing a report that claimed the doomed flight was flying almost the exact same path as Putin’s presidential plane did less than 40 minutes later.
It quoted a source as telling Interfax news agency: ‘I can say that Putin’s plane and the Malaysian Boeing intersected at the same point and the same echelon.
‘That was close to Warsaw on 330-m echelon at the height of 10,100 meters. The presidential jet was there at 16:21 Moscow time and the Malaysian aircraft—15:44 Moscow time.’
It goes on to point out that Putin’s presidential plane bears uncannily similar red and blue markings to those painted on all Malaysian Airlines craft.