By the time we graduate high school, we learn that they never taught us the most interesting things in there.
Sure, you might be able to name the European countries or point New York on the map, but does that give a you real understanding of how the world functions?
To fill this gap, we have gathered a great and informative selection of infographical maps that they should’ve shown us at school:
every single one of these maps reveals different fun and interesting facts, which can actually help you draw some pretty interesting conclusions.
If maps are one of the main ways that we understand the world we live in (and how people elsewhere in the world live), then it’s no surprise that people are always coming up with new ways to use them to display information.
Trust us, these are way better than the ones they taught you at school!
1. Earth, according to Americans at least.
2. Europe, according to Americans.
3. Asia according to the USA
4. Countries that don’t use the metric system.
5. Most Used Web Browser World Map (2012)
6. The 22 countries Europe hasn’t invaded.
7. Pangea, the supercontinent, with modern borders.
8. The happiness map.
9. The Penis Size Worldwide
10. Countries around the world with paid maternity leave.
11. The most common last names in Europe, by country.
12. Driving orientation worldwide.
13. The time zones of Antarctica.
14. Daily internet usage.
15. The busiest air traffic routes.
16. Where Google Street View is available.
17. The highest paid public employees by state (US)
18. Population density.